Witness for the Prosecution London Tickets
Agatha Christie's compelling stage play follows protagonist Leonard Vole, who has been accused of killing a widow to inherit her fortune. A lot is at stake in this thrilling court case and only time will tell whether Leonard can convince the jury and you, the audience, that he is an innocent man. Following a shocking witness testimony, it seems Leonard won't be running away from the hangman's noose so easily…
Art imitates life with Witness for the Prosecution in London, the suspenseful courtroom drama by Agatha Christie now showing in the eye-popping Council Chamber of the Edwardian Baroque County Hall. Step foot inside the jaw-dropping interior of County Hall, London, and immerse yourself in the English playwright's gripping tale of law and justice, high tension and disloyalty in this one-of-a-kind courtroom staging unlike anything you've experienced before. Now in its sixth year, Witness for the Prosecution has captured the imagination of thousands, who enthralled by the case of Leonard Vole, have bought Witness for the Prosecution tickets to see the verdict.
Looks like you've been summoned for jury duty...
See You In Court
Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution is a definitive and long-standing part of immersive theatre. Witness for the Prosecution began as a short story in 1925 and then became a successful stage play after premiering on 28 October 1953 at the Winter Garden Theatre, produced by Sir Peter Saunders. Christie’s gripping drama has been performed all over the world, from London's West End to Broadway, and has been a hit for years in both professional and amateur productions.
The latest revival of Witness for the Prosecution took place in October 2017, featuring London County Hall’s distinctive courtroom staging and receiving praise from critics. Unfortunately, the production was halted in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK but resumed in September 2021. This unique site-specific rendition is housed within the grand chamber of London County Hall, offering an immersive experience for the jury. The show is scheduled to continue its run until April 2024. Since it began, Witness for the Prosecution tickets have been in high demand.
Critical Acclaim and Fun Facts
- ‘Classic Christie. the queen of cunning has been brilliantly served’ - Daily Mail.
- ‘A delight. guilty of being a good night out’ - The Arts Desk.
- ‘Christie's courtroom drama in the grand chamber at county hall entertains, amuses and unsettles’ - Daily Telegraph.
- ‘Agatha Christie’s ingenious courtroom drama fits perfectly in county hall’ - The Guardian.
Please Bear In Mind
Children under 5 will not be admitted to Witness for The Prosecution.
Witness for the Prosecution London Cast & Creatives
- Stenographer - Melissa Aduke-James
- Mr Mayhew - Paul Ansdell
- Romaine Vole - Katie Buchholz
- Greta / Miss Clegg - Aamira Challenger
- Inspector Hearne - Tom Espiner
- Solicitor - Sam Flint
- Judge's Clerk - Mackenzie Heynes
- Sir Wilfrid Robarts Q.C. - Stephen Hogan
- Clerk Of The Court - Don Klass
- Carter / Dr Wyatt - Damian Lynch
- Mr Myers Q.C - John Mackay
- Warder - Matthew Mellalieu
- Sergeant Randall / Court Officer - Blair Robertson
- Janet Mackenzie - Nicola Sanderson
- Mr Justice Wainwright - David Shaw-Parker
- Leonard Vole - Benjamin Westerby
- Book, Music And Lyrics - Jim Jacobs
- Book, Music And Lyrics - Warren Casey
- Director - Nikolai Foster
- Choreographer - Dame Arlene Phillips
- Associate Choreographer - Richard Roe
- Musical Supervisor And Arranger - Sarah Traviscolin Richmond
- Scenic & Costume Design - Colin Richmond
- Lighting Designer - Ben Cracknell
- Video & Projection Designer - Douglas O'Connell
- Production Manager - Matt Jones For Gjpm